Resources by country
Last modified: June 17, 2022
As cases of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 continue to rise in worldwide, research has shown that older adults and persons with disabilities may be particularly susceptible to the disease. In an effort to help provide persons with disabilities helpful information regarding the virus, the Disability Insider has compiled the following resources:
HCD resources for people with intellectual disabilities – YouTube Channel
“Their life is valuable” campaign to support persons with disabilities during pandemic.
Mental Health Support Helpline
Global Figures: 0 total confirmed cases, 0 total confirmed deaths. Source: Johns Hopkins CSSE.
- 1. More caution in health services as cases rise
- 2. COVID-19 support extended for vulnerable communities
- 3. RC told disabled people disproportionately affected during Omicron wave
- 4. Study reveals COVID was deadlier for people with intellectual disabilities
- 5. Risk factor for developing Alzheimer’s disease increases by 50-80% in older adults