Help & FAQ
Join the Disability Insider community
A person with a disability may have a physical or mental disabilities that impacts a major life activity – such as walking, hearing, or breathing. This may be on a permanent or temporary basis. Airlines must accommodate the needs of air travelers with disabilities.
The Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) is a law that makes it illegal for airlines to discriminate against passengers with disabilities. The US Department of Transportation is responsible for enforcing the ACAA, which applies to all flights to, from, or within the United States.
Airlines are also required to provide passengers with disabilities many types of assistance, including wheelchair or other guided assistance to board, deplane, or connect to another flight; seating accommodation assistance that meets passengers’ disability-related needs; and assistance with the loading and stowing of assistive devices.
- No tolerance for spam! Robot or human, any spam coming our way will be deleted.
- Do not attack or insult any other community member. We are a friendly community and are here to share information and experiences with each other. We welcome debates and discussions as long as they are healthy. Any person seen attacking anyone will be blocked by the administrator.
- No illegal activities! Please do not share links to illegal downloads or websites.
- We have no tolerance for racism, sexism or any kind of discrimination.
- Please avoid cross posting or posting duplicate posts across different threads.
- Comments may be removed at the discretion of the moderator (So please, follow the rules!)
How do I sign up?
Register by clicking Join Community at the top of the page. You can register directly or through your Facebook or Google profiles. Once you have registered, customize your profile with a photo and a little bit about yourself. You can add your Facebook and Twitter profiles to your profiles. (All of this is optional). You can choose to keep your profile private.
Can I edit my profile later?
Of course you can! Simply log in, select your name on the upper left corner of the page and select ‘Edit Profile’
How do I post or comment?
You can either post a comment on existing topics and conversations. Simply go to a community page and press comment. If you wish to start a new topic, go to the forum main page and select ‘Create new topic’. One quick tip – There might already be a conversation about your topic, so do a quick search using the search bar before you post.’
I think a comment/user is breaking the rules. How do I report this to the moderator?
We highly encourage our community members to be active and report any matters that may be abusive or against the guidelines. Click on ‘Report abuse’ under the comment or by clicking the profile of the user you want to report. You will be asked to answer a few questions about why you want to report and we will get back to you as soon as possible.