Nominations open for the 2020 Disability Services and Inclusion Awards. Due to impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic the Awards will move to an online format and will be live streamed for 12pm – 2pm on Friday 6 November.
Hosting the Awards in the online format allows for broader participation of people with disability, their families and carers, service providers and other key stakeholders.
Live captioning will be included for the first time and the ceremony will feature pre-recorded messages from nominees and winners.
The Awards are coordinated by the National Disability Services (NDS NT) and recognise exceptional individuals, businesses, organisations, government departments, local government and programs that demonstrate outstanding commitment to improving the lives of people with disabilities.
2020 Award Categories are:
- Emerging Leader
- Excellence in Improving Learning and Development
- Excellence in Improving Participation
- Excellence in Promoting Community Awareness
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Advocacy and Promotion of Human Rights
- Excellence in Strategy that Improves Access and Inclusion
- Outstanding Disability Service Employee
Nominations open and can be submitted at www.ntdsa.org.au.