We want to hear your experience of life with a disability
People with disabilities face many physical and attitudinal obstacles on a daily basis.
Not being able to watch a movie because there aren’t any captions or no wheelchair accessible restroom at a restaurant are just two examples.
Disability Insider (DI) invites you to share your story about living with a disability – whether it be you who has the disability, or you are a family member of someone with a disability.
DI offers the opportunity to share your personal stories, experiences and viewpoints.
Tell us how the world could be more inclusive and accessible for you.
What is the biggest misunderstanding people have about you as a person with a disability?
What are some of the most insensitive questions people ask you?
What is it like parenting a child with a disability? Or caring for a family member with a disability?
We are looking for submissions with a maximum of 700 words to be published on our DI platforms. We would love for you to share your experiences with our DI global audience.
- Masks, RATs and clean air – how people with disability can protect themselves from COVID
- When all truly means everyone: Fulfilling the right to education of children with disabilities in our global education crisis response
- Retirement planning tips for immigrants and American expats with disabilities
- How parents of a special needs child can practice self-care
- Is the United States facing a shortage of nursing homes for people with disabilities?