We want to hear your experience of life with a disability
People with disabilities face many physical and attitudinal obstacles on a daily basis.
Not being able to watch a movie because there aren’t any captions or no wheelchair accessible restroom at a restaurant are just two examples.
Disability Insider (DI) invites you to share your story about living with a disability – whether it be you who has the disability, or you are a family member of someone with a disability.
DI offers the opportunity to share your personal stories, experiences and viewpoints.
Tell us how the world could be more inclusive and accessible for you.
What is the biggest misunderstanding people have about you as a person with a disability?
What are some of the most insensitive questions people ask you?
What is it like parenting a child with a disability? Or caring for a family member with a disability?
We are looking for submissions with a maximum of 700 words to be published on our DI platforms. We would love for you to share your experiences with our DI global audience.
- “Disability is not Inability”
- Fundamental steps to becoming an entrepreneur for parents with disabilities
- How can a paralyzed person clear bowels at a specific time of day?
- Positive supports make huge difference for disabled children
- Scripor Alphabet, a self-orientation map using the tactile alphabet of colors in Romania