Council’s International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) grants are supporting a great calendar of community events over the next month.
IDPwD is held each year across the world on 3 December.
The annual grants of up to $1000 support community groups, schools and not-for-profit organisations to run events or activities to celebrate IDPwD.
Upcoming events include:
- 17 November – Open Minds Nillumbik – Dementia Friendly Alliance Awareness Event
- 28 November – The Veggie Empire – Urban Farm Tours
- 28 November – Wadambuk St Andrews Community Centre – Living with autism presentation
- 3 December – Eltham Wildcats Unified Basketball – Sensory Friendly Basketball Clinic
- 8 December – Araluen – Limitless Expression performance and Christmas art market
- 13 December – St John of God Accord – Loud and clear concert
Nillumbik Mayor Ben Ramcharan said that International Day of People with Disability is a day to focus on disability inclusion and participation in all aspects of community life.
“The 2023 theme for IDPwD asks everyone to work together to make the world better and fairer for people with disability,” Cr Ramcharan said.
“This year our grant-supported events and activities invite our community to come together to celebrate the creative achievements of people with disability, the success of a local urban farm founded by young people with disability, and inclusion in sports and social events.”
For more information about Council’s International Day of People with Disability grant sponsored events visit nillumbik.vic.gov.au/IDPWD
Contact the Disability Inclusion Team on 0438 277 428 or email email@example.com