Council has developed a guide of accessible bushland, reserves and foreshore destinations on the Central Coast for community and visitors with disabilities.
The Accessible Nature guide provides factual information for trip planning such as parking, amenities and other features to help people with disabilities to get out in nature. Information on Council’s beach wheelchair and matting is also included.
- Bateau Bay picnic area
- Carawah Boardwalk, West Gosford
- Marie Byles Lookout, Killcare
- Saltwater Creek Boardwalk, Long Jetty
- Somersby Falls picnic area, Somersby
- St Johns Lookout, Katandra Reserve, Mount Elliot
- Warriwarri Walk, Kincumba Mountain, Kincumber
- Yaruga Picnic Area, Rumbalara Reserve, Springfield
The easy to read brochure includes imagery, pictograms and maps and is available to view online and as a printed brochure, which can be picked up from Council’s customer service centres (Wyong and Gosford) or libraries.
The delivery of this guide is an action from Central Coast Council’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan to make the Central Coast more accessible, inclusive and liveable.
Central Coast Council is committed to improving accessibility to its services, facilities and spaces for people with a disability so that all residents and visitors can enjoy the local environment and activities. For more information, go to Council’s Accessibility and Inclusion webpage.