The NDIA is sharing the latest information to help participants, families and carers access supports that are right for them.
NDIA has released an evidence snapshot looking at effectiveness of assistive technology interventions to support children.
This snapshot focuses on supporting children younger than 9 years old with assistive technology, who have:
- physical or intellectual disability or developmental delay
- goals focused on communication, mobility, and participation.
NDIA undertook a systematic search of published literature databases to identify systematic reviews and/or meta-analyses, scoping reviews or evidence-based guidelines. The systematic search identified 34 reviews to include in the evidence snapshot.
This snapshot talks about:
- the importance of early assistive technology intervention
- the effectiveness of assistive technology for:
- communication and language
- at home and in the community
- the limits of available research and identifies areas for future research.