Top of page
Advertise with us
Education and Employment

University announces scholarships for students with disabilities

student in wheelchair in library

The University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM) has announced a 2020-2021undergraduate scholarship for students with disabilities, which also include grants for students with disabilities who have graduated and who will start a master’s degree in the UCLM.

The scholarship could be requested from next July 1 and until September 28.

The scholarship was launched through an agreement between the Repsol Foundation and the Social Council of the University of Castilla-La Mancha, “aware of the importance of higher education and the difficulties of job inclusion for people with disabilities.” For this reason, they emphasize that they want “to facilitate the incorporation to the University of students with disabilities, regardless of their social, personal or economic situation.”

The amount of aid will be 2,000 euros for each of the students who benefit from it. They are co-financed exclusively by the Repsol Foundation – which contributes 75% – and the Regional University Social Council – with the remaining 25%.

You might also like

Little girl in wheelchair in classroom

Researchers examine the needs of students with or at-risk for disabilities

Penn State researchers are examining how students with or at-risk…

Watching webinar

New online Fellowships and Disability Arts program in Australia

The Northern Territory (NT) Government through Arts NT will partner…

disability support

Chile publishes protocol for management and treatment of persons with disabilities during pandemic

The Minister of Health, Enrique Paris, presented a protocol for…

Man in wheelchair and pointing at bookshelf while choosing book with friend

Undergraduate students declaring disability rises, report finds

The University of Oxford revealed that the number of undergraduates…