Costa Rica – The project takes place in a public primary school that takes cares of children with disabilities in several areas: physical, vision, auditory or intellectual.
The school is financed by the Costa Rican government, and the school year begins in mid-February and lasts until December. There about 200 children in the school, aged from 7 to 12 years old, as well as some teenagers who also study here. There are 25 teachers and administrative staff who work in the different areas of the school.
- Assisting the teachers in the classrooms
- Assisting in activities for the children
- Assisting the therapists
- Some paper work and maybe translations for the office
- Preparing material
- Assisting in music and sports lessons
- Supporting the children in self-development
The volunteers might need to learn to teach Braille, Abacus and orientation as well as mobility to the students.
For more information, go to https://www.idealist.org